Cereal for Children with Weed Killer: We can all agree that cereals for children are not a good choice for breakfast. However, you may not realize how bad they could be. One study found that children’s cereals contain more Glyphosate per million than vitamins. Learn more.
The Environmental Working Group conducted laboratory tests on breakfast cereals, granola, and snack bars. All samples were positive for the toxic herbicide Glyphosate or Roundup. General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios had higher levels of glyphosate than Vitamin D and B12. A sample of Quaker Oatmeal Squares by General Mills contained more glyphosate than Vitamin D and B12.
Cereal for Children with Weed Killer: Glyphosate’s Dangerous Side Effects
Despite companies trying to hide the dangers of glyphosate for a long period of time, it is now clear that they are finally exposing the truth.
Roundup is the most successful and popular weed killer ever. Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, is a dangerous chemical. It has been used in large quantities to control weeds and GMO crops like wheat and soy. This poison has contaminated large swathes of America and the rest of the world. This poison has contaminated large areas of America and the world.
Many may believe glyphosate is not a problem because it is measured in “parts/billion.” However, even tiny amounts can cause serious health problems—all 28 non-organic kinds of cereal tested for glyphosate contained levels that exceeded the EWG’s threshold.[4-6]
Organic is a good place to start. However, avoid the worst pesticides on the naughty lists. It doesn’t matter if you go organic; detoxification is a great idea to help your body eliminate this pesticide.
The Naughty List
- Quaker Simply Granola Oats Honey & Almonds
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Cinnamon & Spice
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Apples & Cinnamon
- Quaker Real Medleys Super Grains Banana Walnut
- Quaker Overnight Oats Raisin Walnut and Honey Heaven
- Quaker Overnight Oats, Unsweetened with Chia Seeds
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Brown Sugar
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Honey Nut
- Multi-Grain Cheerios
- Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- Very Berry Cheerios
- Chocolate Cheerios
- Frosted Cheerios
- Fruity Cheerios
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Cheerios Oat Crunch Cinnamon
- Quaker Chewy S’mores
- Quaker Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Quaker Breakfast Squares Soft Baked Bars Peanut Butter
- Quaker Breakfast Flats Crispy Breakfast Bars Cranberry Almond
- Nature Valley Baked Oat Bites
- Nature Valley Granola Peanut Butter Creamy & Crunchy
- Nature Valley Granola Protein Oats n Dark Chocolate
- Nature Valley Fruit & Nut Chewy Trail Mix Granola Bars, Dark Chocolate & Nut
- Nature Valley Fruit & Nut Chewy Trail Mix Granola Bars, Dark Chocolate Cherry
- Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut Granola Bars, Cashew
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, Oats, Honey, and Granola Bars
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, Peanut Butter
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, Maple Brown Sugar
- Nature Valley Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares with Cinnamon Brown Sugar,
- Nature Valley Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares, Blueberry
- Nature Valley Granola Cups, Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Almond Butter, Nature Valley Granola Cups
- Nature Valley Biscuits with Almond Butter
- Fiber One Oatmeal Raisin soft-baked cookies
The Good List
- Kashi by Kids Organic Berry Crumble Cereal
- Nature’s Path Organic Corn Puffins Gorilla Munch Cereal
- Annie’s Organic Cereal and Cocoa Bunnies
- Raw Organic Superfood Sprouted Granola
- Barbara’s Bakery Organic Honest O’s Corn Cereal
- GrandyOats Organic Grain-Free Coconola
- Lovebird Organic O’s Cereal
- Love Crunch Organic Granola
- Forager Project Chocolate Organic Os Toasted Cassava Cereal with Plant Protein, Chocolate
- Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Organic Cereal, Cinnamon Harvest
- Nature’s Path Organic Almond Nut Butter Crunch Cereal and Almond Nut Butter
Cereal for Children with Weed Killer: Glyphosate Detox
Glyphosate is a dangerous herb found in our food products, organic or otherwise. It is found in tap water and used to irrigate (and then contaminate) food crops. Glyphosate can be found in rainwater and breast milk of women… what are you to do?
Adults in modern society can’t escape the effects of glyphosate, so we help support our bodies’ detoxification processes.
When you’re unsure about the quality of your food or are making an exception to your regular mindful eating, TrueCarbonCleanse™ Gut Detoxifier is a supplement you can use to buffer the impact of toxins. This binder includes activated carbon, powerful detoxifiers (humic and/or fulvic acid), Cleanoptilite(tm), and other substances that can attach and remove toxins.
Non-organic store-bought cereals must be thrown out. Large quantities of glyphosate were found in almost all of the samples. This was most likely because the Environmental Working Group set a safety limit. Organic is a good start. Next, support the body’s natural detoxification processes and use binding agents such as zeolite or activated charcoal.
- “Roundup for Breakfast, Part 2: In New Tests, Weed Killer Found in All Kids’ Cereals Sampled.” Environmental Working Group, 14 Feb. 2023, www.ewg.org/news-insights/news-release/2018/10/roundup-breakfast-part-2-new-tests-weed-killer-found-all-kids.
- Gaines, Mari. “Roundup Lawsuit Update February 2023.” Forbes, Forbes Magazine, 10 Oct. 2022, www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/product-liability/roundup-lawsuit-update/.
- World Health Organization, World Health Organization, www.iarc.who.int/featured-news/media-centre-iarc-news-glyphosate/.
- Prince, Jenny. “The USDA Gives in: Evidence of Glyphosate in Organic.” Real Organic Project, 5 Dec. 2019, www.realorganicproject.org/the-usda-gives-in-evidence-of-glyphosate-in-organic/.
- “How Does EWG Set a ‘Health Benchmark’ for Glyphosate Exposure?” Environmental Working Group, 14 Feb. 2023, www.ewg.org/news-insights/news/how-does-ewg-set-health-benchmark-glyphosate-exposure.
- The Complete Results of EWG’s 2018 Glyphosate Testing. www.ewg.org/sites/default/files/u352/EWG_Glyphosate-2_Table_Full_C02.pdf.
- “Activated Charcoal.” Activated Charcoal, www.poison.org/articles/activated-charcoal.